Let Pathways Help Ease the Burden of Adoption Expenses
Prospective parents navigating the adoption process face costs ranging from $10,000 to over $50,000. These costs come at a time when the rate of children entering foster care sits at a historic high. The Family Forward program, offered through the state of Ohio, helps to ease the financial burden placed on families seeking to adopt, and Pathways is happy to be a financial partner of this new program.
How the Family Forward Loan Works
Through the program, individuals and families may be eligible for reduced interest loans that can be used for qualified adoption expenses up to $50,000. Pathways is offering up to ten year terms to help alleviate the pressure of the monthly payments on your budget.
Here’s a broader overview of the application process:
- A person or family will apply for a personal loan or home equity loan with Pathways
- Once the loan is approved Pathways will work with the state of Ohio to certify the loan for the Family Forward discount
Qualified Adoption Expenses include (but are not limited to):
- Adoption agency expenses
- Court expenses and legal fees
- Expenses incurred on behalf of the birth mother
- Health and psychological examination fees
- Home studies
- Travel expenses
Family Forward Program Requirements:
- You must be an Ohio resident
- You must provide an approved home study letter or show proof that requirements set forth by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services have been met
- You must receive approval for a qualifying loan from a participating financial institution
Let’s Get Started. We’re Here to Help.
Click here or the button below to begin the application process.
For more information about Family Forward please feel free to reach out to us at Pathways, or for more detailed questions contact the State of Ohio Treasurer’s Office by phone at 614-466-6546 or by email at FamilyForward@tos.ohio.gov.